This recipe was given to me by my friends Capt. Hank and Carol Vankesteren, of Ruffinit Charters. It will yield one of the most moist and delicious shrimp and scallop dishes you ever put into your mouth. Here are the steps to get there.
1) 1 lb shrimp
2) 1 lb scallops
3) 1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
4) 2 fish or chicken boullion cubes
5) 2 cups chopped celery
6) 1 cup chopped leeks (or regular onions)
7) 4 garlic cloves crushed
8) fresh chopped parsley
9) Corn starch
10) 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 cups of Half N Half, 2 cups milk, 1 cup shredded swiss cheese, 1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese, 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
11) With melted butter, saute onions, garlic, celery and mushrooms until tender. Set aside.
12) Melt butter in saucepan, add milk and Half N Half, paprika and salt, and boullion. Stir until bubbly, then thicken with corn starch and water mixture. Add the cooked onions, garlic, etc., and stir into mix. Add fresh chopped parsley and let simmer to keep warm.
13) Add shrimp and scallops. Put into casserole dish, pour sauce mixture over it, then mix the two cheeses together with italian bread crumbs and sprinkle over top of casserole.
14) Put in 415 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Serve over egg noodles or rice. (serves 6)
[Site Index] [Highlights] [Capt. Butch Profile] [About the Boats] [Southwest Florida Kayak Fishing]
[Customer Fishing Testimonials] [Booking Tips] [Great Kayak Fishing Rates]
[What to Expect] [A Great Fishing Vacation Package Deal!] [Send Email] [What to Bring] [Kayak Fishing Destinations]
[Kayak Snook Fishing] [Kayak Redfishing] [Kayak Tarpon Fishing] [Kayak Trout Fishing] [Kayak Jack Crevelle Fishing]
[Florida Fishing Reports] [Fishing Reports Archives] [TV Quality Video Clips] [Articles] [Newsletters]
[Angler of the Month] [Angler of the Year Awards] [Shallow Water Anchor Remote Control!] [Sell Your Gear Here!] [Tackle Service Center]
[Shop the BarHopp'R Tackle Shop!] [Hot Links to Cool Sites] [Send Email] [Back to Home]
[Kayak Fishing Sanibel Island] [Kayak Fishing Captiva Island] [Kayak Fishing Pine Island] [Kayak Fishing Sarasota]
[Shelling & Sightseeing Trips] [Dolphin/Manatee Watch Trips]